Diabetes diet: Foods that may keep blood sugar levels healthy
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Eating a balanced diabetic diet along with some exercise is the key to healthy living for people with diabetes. Here are three good foods that diabetic patients can eat while keeping their blood sugar levels under control.
Non-starchy vegetables: Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and green beans can be added to your diabedic diet. Since these vegetables are high in fiber but low in carbohydrates and calories, they are good options for people with diabetes.
Strawberries: Strawberries are high in fiber and water, but low in calories and carbohydrates although they are sweet in taste. Hence, a handful of strawberries during snack won't raise your blood sugar too much. Instead it will make you feel fuller for longer period of time and thus cutting your chances of consuming more carbohydrates.
Lean meats and salmon: Diabetic patients can also eat fish, skinless chicken, breast and lean cuts of meat. When eaten in proper portion, eating these protein-high foods won't raise blood sugar much. Fish like salmon contains high amount of heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and is an ideal choice for people with diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016