Diabetes diet: Foods that may keep blood sugar levels healthy
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Eating a balanced diabetic diet along with some exercise is the key to healthy living for people with diabetes. Here are three good foods that diabetic patients can eat while keeping their blood sugar levels under control.
Non-starchy vegetables: Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and green beans can be added to your diabedic diet. Since these vegetables are high in fiber but low in carbohydrates and calories, they are good options for people with diabetes.
Strawberries: Strawberries are high in fiber and water, but low in calories and carbohydrates although they are sweet in taste. Hence, a handful of strawberries during snack won't raise your blood sugar too much. Instead it will make you feel fuller for longer period of time and thus cutting your chances of consuming more carbohydrates.
Lean meats and salmon: Diabetic patients can also eat fish, skinless chicken, breast and lean cuts of meat. When eaten in proper portion, eating these protein-high foods won't raise blood sugar much. Fish like salmon contains high amount of heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and is an ideal choice for people with diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!