Diabetes diet: Foods that may keep blood sugar levels healthy
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Eating a balanced diabetic diet along with some exercise is the key to healthy living for people with diabetes. Here are three good foods that diabetic patients can eat while keeping their blood sugar levels under control.
Non-starchy vegetables: Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and green beans can be added to your diabedic diet. Since these vegetables are high in fiber but low in carbohydrates and calories, they are good options for people with diabetes.
Strawberries: Strawberries are high in fiber and water, but low in calories and carbohydrates although they are sweet in taste. Hence, a handful of strawberries during snack won't raise your blood sugar too much. Instead it will make you feel fuller for longer period of time and thus cutting your chances of consuming more carbohydrates.
Lean meats and salmon: Diabetic patients can also eat fish, skinless chicken, breast and lean cuts of meat. When eaten in proper portion, eating these protein-high foods won't raise blood sugar much. Fish like salmon contains high amount of heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and is an ideal choice for people with diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'