Dried grapes as good as energy bars
London: Raisins can help power the body when exercising just as well as expensive sports nutrient bars, a study suggests.
The dried grapes give athletes all they need during vigorous exercise, the Daily Mail reported quoting a study by researchers at the University of California-Davis.
The research team studied people running three miles, giving them either raisins, supplement bars or simply water.
Runners who ate raisins or bars ran the distance a minute faster on average than those who had only water.
The results are published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days