Dried grapes as good as energy bars
London: Raisins can help power the body when exercising just as well as expensive sports nutrient bars, a study suggests.
The dried grapes give athletes all they need during vigorous exercise, the Daily Mail reported quoting a study by researchers at the University of California-Davis.
The research team studied people running three miles, giving them either raisins, supplement bars or simply water.
Runners who ate raisins or bars ran the distance a minute faster on average than those who had only water.
The results are published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'