Drinking beer after workout hydrates body `better` than water
Washington: Researchers have suggested that drinking beer after a workout rehydrates the body better than water.
Professor Manuel Garzon at Granada University in Spain also claimed the carbonation in beer helps to quench the thirst and that its carbohydrate content can help replace lost calories, the Washington Times reported.
The study involved a group of students who were asked to workout until their body temperature reached 104 degrees.
Later, half of the students were giving beer while the researchers gave water to the other half.
The results showed that hydration effect in those who drank beer was "slightly better" than those who had consumed water.
The results were announced at a press conference in Granada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand