Drinking beer after workout hydrates body `better` than water
Washington: Researchers have suggested that drinking beer after a workout rehydrates the body better than water.
Professor Manuel Garzon at Granada University in Spain also claimed the carbonation in beer helps to quench the thirst and that its carbohydrate content can help replace lost calories, the Washington Times reported.
The study involved a group of students who were asked to workout until their body temperature reached 104 degrees.
Later, half of the students were giving beer while the researchers gave water to the other half.
The results showed that hydration effect in those who drank beer was "slightly better" than those who had consumed water.
The results were announced at a press conference in Granada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley