Drinking beer after workout hydrates body `better` than water
Washington: Researchers have suggested that drinking beer after a workout rehydrates the body better than water.
Professor Manuel Garzon at Granada University in Spain also claimed the carbonation in beer helps to quench the thirst and that its carbohydrate content can help replace lost calories, the Washington Times reported.
The study involved a group of students who were asked to workout until their body temperature reached 104 degrees.
Later, half of the students were giving beer while the researchers gave water to the other half.
The results showed that hydration effect in those who drank beer was "slightly better" than those who had consumed water.
The results were announced at a press conference in Granada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state