Drinking green tea boosts memory
Zee Media Bureau
London: It is official that green tea is good for your health. Researchers have found that herbal potion of green tea enhances your brain power.
The study conducted by researchers at University of Basel in Switzerland suggest that drinking green tea has beneficial effects on cognitive performance.
For the study, healthy male volunteers received a soft drink containing several grams of green tea extract before they solved working memory tasks.
The scientists then analysed how this affected the brain activity of the men using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
The MRI showed increased connectivity between the parietal and the frontal cortex of the brain.
These neuronal findings correlated positively with improvement in task performance of the participants.
Past studies have indicated that green tea has several other health benefits too like it reduces the risk of heart attack, fights cancer, keep a check on diabetes etc.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief