Eat Brussels sprouts to boost your chances of having a baby
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Eating Brussels sprouts can boost fertility in both men and women, a UK nutritionist says.
According to studies, nine percent of all conceptions take place over the Christmas period, making December the most fertile month of the year.
Couple who are planning for a baby should add Brussels to their diet, Neema Savvides, a nutritional therapist at the Harley Street Fertility Clinic, UK was quoted saying to a leading daily.
Brussels sprouts, which fall into the cruciferous category of vegetables, are a great source of folic acid which helps boost fertility in both men and women. It also reduces miscarriage risk and birth defects.
The high content of vitamin in the sprouts also increases sperm levels and helps line the womb with the right nutrients raising sperm survival chances.
Phytonutrient called di-indolylmethane, a natural plant compound present in the sprouts help absorb balanced levels of oestrogen in women. It also binds to environmental oestrogens, like pesticides and hormones in meat and dairy products, and helps rid the body of excess hormones thus boosting fertility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days