Eat pistachios regularly to lower diabetes risk
Washington: A new study has revealed that consuming pistachios regularly might help in lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes in pre-diabetic people.
The Spanish study found that pre-diabetic people showed low blood sugar and insulin levels and improvements in insulin and glucose processing after consuming about two ounces of pistachios daily, the Fox News reported.
Resercher Emilio Ros said that any beneficial effects on glucose metabolism were shared by all nuts, as they had a general composition with lots of bioactive compounds liable to beneficially affect biological pathways leading to insulin resistance and diabetes.
Researcher Joan Sabate said that there were some indications that eating pistachios on a regular basis lowered fasting glucose, insulin and hormone ratio, which was particularly relevant in pre-diabetic subjects because unless they did a change in lifestyle they would end up being diabetic.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case