Eat pistachios regularly to lower diabetes risk
Washington: A new study has revealed that consuming pistachios regularly might help in lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes in pre-diabetic people.
The Spanish study found that pre-diabetic people showed low blood sugar and insulin levels and improvements in insulin and glucose processing after consuming about two ounces of pistachios daily, the Fox News reported.
Resercher Emilio Ros said that any beneficial effects on glucose metabolism were shared by all nuts, as they had a general composition with lots of bioactive compounds liable to beneficially affect biological pathways leading to insulin resistance and diabetes.
Researcher Joan Sabate said that there were some indications that eating pistachios on a regular basis lowered fasting glucose, insulin and hormone ratio, which was particularly relevant in pre-diabetic subjects because unless they did a change in lifestyle they would end up being diabetic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love