Eat these five foods for healthy eyesight
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
It’s not just carrots and oranges that will help your peepers in tip-top shape, here are other gorgeous foods you should eat daily for healthy eyesight as shown in studies:
Green leafy vegetables: Dark green vegetables such as kale, spinach, collard greens and dark green lettuce contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two powerful antioxidants that may help protect against retinal damage and cataracts.
Eggs: Eggs contain a range of nutrients and antioxidants, which is good for your long-term eye health. The egg yolk, which is a rich source of lutein and zeaxanthin besides zinc, also contributes to reducing your risk of macular development.
Almonds: Almonds are packed with vitamin E which slows macular degeneration.
Fish: The omega-3 fatty acids that are found in oily fish, such as salmon, sardines, etc, may be significant in preventing eye diseases. Research suggests that deficiency in omega-3 fatty acids may lead to dry eye syndrome.
Citrus and berries: Citrus and berries contain plenty of vitamin C that may help in reducing the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception