Eat these five foods for healthy eyesight
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
It’s not just carrots and oranges that will help your peepers in tip-top shape, here are other gorgeous foods you should eat daily for healthy eyesight as shown in studies:
Green leafy vegetables: Dark green vegetables such as kale, spinach, collard greens and dark green lettuce contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two powerful antioxidants that may help protect against retinal damage and cataracts.
Eggs: Eggs contain a range of nutrients and antioxidants, which is good for your long-term eye health. The egg yolk, which is a rich source of lutein and zeaxanthin besides zinc, also contributes to reducing your risk of macular development.
Almonds: Almonds are packed with vitamin E which slows macular degeneration.
Fish: The omega-3 fatty acids that are found in oily fish, such as salmon, sardines, etc, may be significant in preventing eye diseases. Research suggests that deficiency in omega-3 fatty acids may lead to dry eye syndrome.
Citrus and berries: Citrus and berries contain plenty of vitamin C that may help in reducing the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next