Eating healthy breakfast helps increase fertility in women
Washington: Eating more calories in the morning breakfast can have a positive impact on women with problems of infertility, a new study has revealed.
Research, conducted by Prof. Oren Froy from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and Prof. Daniela Jocabovitz and Dr. Julio Weinstein from Tel Aviv University and Wolfson Medical Center, showed that a big breakfast increases fertility among woman who suffer from menstrual irregularities.
The study examined whether meal times have an impact on the health of woman with menstrual irregularities due to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). The experiment was carried out at Wolfson Medical Center on 60 women over a 12-week period.
The women were divided into two groups and were allowed to consume about 1,800 calories a day. The difference between the groups was the timing of their largest meal. One group consumed their largest meal, approximately 980 calories, at breakfast, while the other at dinner.
The findings showed improved results for the group that consumed a big breakfast. Glucose levels and insulin resistance decreased by 8 percent, while the second group ("dinner") showed no changes.
Another finding showed that among the "breakfast" group, testosterone levels decreased by nearly 50 percent, while the "dinner" group level stayed neutral. In addition, there was a much higher rate of ovulating woman within the "breakfast group" compared to the "dinner" group, showing that eating a hearty breakfast leads to an increase in the level of fertility among woman with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
The study is published in journal Clinical Science.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi