Eating kiwi improves digestion
Los Angeles: Eating kiwi fruit can help in better digestion, new research says.
According to research, the green kiwi fruit has enzyme actinidin, which is not present in any other fruit. This enzyme can deliver enhanced gastric digestion, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“Although somewhat already recognised as a natural digestive aid, this research focused on the role of kiwi fruit in the breaking down of food protein that can be particularly hard to digest in comparison to other foods,” Nele Moorthamers, European marketing manager of kiwifruit exporter Zespri, which conducted the research, said in a statement.
“Kiwi fruit is rich in actinidin which breaks down protein quicker and more effectively than digestive enzymes can do alone, making kiwi fruit a perfect choice to overcome digestive issues,” added Moorthamers.
The study promotes the use of kiwi fruit as a part of an individual’s daily diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...