Eating same food every day may lead to ill-health
London: Eating the same range of foods every day may take a toll on your health, an expert has said.
A survey has revealed that most people stick to toast and cereals for breakfast every day with sandwiches for lunch.
And they rely on a handful of favourites such as pasta, chips or pizza in the evenings.
Sixty-eight per cent of people questioned in the survey for PAGB, the trade association for over-the- counter medicines and food supplements, said they routinely buy the same things from the supermarket every week.
“Eating the same type of food every day is not only boring but could lead to deficiencies in certain nutrients,” a newspaper quoted Dietician Helen Bond as saying.
“It can also compromise the immune and digestive systems and, ultimately, long-term health,” he warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video