Eating same food every day may lead to ill-health
London: Eating the same range of foods every day may take a toll on your health, an expert has said.
A survey has revealed that most people stick to toast and cereals for breakfast every day with sandwiches for lunch.
And they rely on a handful of favourites such as pasta, chips or pizza in the evenings.
Sixty-eight per cent of people questioned in the survey for PAGB, the trade association for over-the- counter medicines and food supplements, said they routinely buy the same things from the supermarket every week.
“Eating the same type of food every day is not only boring but could lead to deficiencies in certain nutrients,” a newspaper quoted Dietician Helen Bond as saying.
“It can also compromise the immune and digestive systems and, ultimately, long-term health,” he warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port