Eating same food every day may lead to ill-health
London: Eating the same range of foods every day may take a toll on your health, an expert has said.
A survey has revealed that most people stick to toast and cereals for breakfast every day with sandwiches for lunch.
And they rely on a handful of favourites such as pasta, chips or pizza in the evenings.
Sixty-eight per cent of people questioned in the survey for PAGB, the trade association for over-the- counter medicines and food supplements, said they routinely buy the same things from the supermarket every week.
“Eating the same type of food every day is not only boring but could lead to deficiencies in certain nutrients,” a newspaper quoted Dietician Helen Bond as saying.
“It can also compromise the immune and digestive systems and, ultimately, long-term health,” he warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!