Enjoy the goodness of Fenugreek this winter
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Fenugreek (methi in Hindi) is a popular winter vegetable in India. It is also used as herb and as a spice. Protein, potassium, Vitamins A, B, B3, C, and E, and phytoestrogen are some of the nutrients packed inside this plant.
1. Although women are advised not to consume it during pregnancy as it induces premature labour, it is very useful for them in general as it helps in lactation, breast enlargement, reducing menstrual pain, treating hormonal and reproductive disorders.
2. It helps in treating patients with diabetes and heart disease as it reduces the blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
3. It is also used to treat asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, skin problems, sore throats and gastrointestinal inflammation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes