Enjoy the goodness of Fenugreek this winter
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Fenugreek (methi in Hindi) is a popular winter vegetable in India. It is also used as herb and as a spice. Protein, potassium, Vitamins A, B, B3, C, and E, and phytoestrogen are some of the nutrients packed inside this plant.
1. Although women are advised not to consume it during pregnancy as it induces premature labour, it is very useful for them in general as it helps in lactation, breast enlargement, reducing menstrual pain, treating hormonal and reproductive disorders.
2. It helps in treating patients with diabetes and heart disease as it reduces the blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
3. It is also used to treat asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, skin problems, sore throats and gastrointestinal inflammation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!