Enjoy the goodness of Fenugreek this winter
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Fenugreek (methi in Hindi) is a popular winter vegetable in India. It is also used as herb and as a spice. Protein, potassium, Vitamins A, B, B3, C, and E, and phytoestrogen are some of the nutrients packed inside this plant.
1. Although women are advised not to consume it during pregnancy as it induces premature labour, it is very useful for them in general as it helps in lactation, breast enlargement, reducing menstrual pain, treating hormonal and reproductive disorders.
2. It helps in treating patients with diabetes and heart disease as it reduces the blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
3. It is also used to treat asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, skin problems, sore throats and gastrointestinal inflammation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'