Enjoy the goodness of Fenugreek this winter
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Fenugreek (methi in Hindi) is a popular winter vegetable in India. It is also used as herb and as a spice. Protein, potassium, Vitamins A, B, B3, C, and E, and phytoestrogen are some of the nutrients packed inside this plant.
1. Although women are advised not to consume it during pregnancy as it induces premature labour, it is very useful for them in general as it helps in lactation, breast enlargement, reducing menstrual pain, treating hormonal and reproductive disorders.
2. It helps in treating patients with diabetes and heart disease as it reduces the blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
3. It is also used to treat asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, skin problems, sore throats and gastrointestinal inflammation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH