Enjoy the goodness of honey - the golden liquid
Remember your childhood? When you used to lick and relish that sweet delectable honey and kept asking for more and more? Its unique taste and aroma just cannot be missed. But Honey is not just for stimulating your taste buds but its healing abilities goes beyond what you had perceived. Honey is a storehouse of powerful healing attributes and has incredible antiseptic, antioxidant and cleansing properties for our body, skin and health. We bring before you the amazing health benefits of honey.
Honey is anti cancer
Honey contains flavonoids and antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease. Honey possesses carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties.
Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
Helps in Weight loss
Unlike refined sugar, honey contains vitamins and minerals and not just calories.On the contrary, honey being a good source of nutrients helps you in reducing weight. Lemon juice with a little honey early morning is believed to be the effective anti-cellulite treatment. This is an effective remedy to speed up shedding pounds from your body. Again, honey and cinnamon is another powerful remedy for effective weight loss.
Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
Its antiseptic properties inhibits the growth of certain bacteria and helps keep external wounds clean and free from infection. Honey has been used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts. Its antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Reduces cough and throat irritation
Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, honey not only soothes throats but can also kill certain bacteria that causes the infection.
Powerful immune system booster
It`s antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can improve your digestive system and help you stay healthy and fight diseases. It removes free radicals from our body and improves our body immunity functioning.
Great for your skin
Honey has humectant qualities; as a result, it can be used as a moisturiser in many cosmetic preparations. It not only attracts water but also retains it in the skin, so the skin remains supple and elastic.Not only does it moisturize,but also naturally tones and exfoliates your skin.
Due to its natural antioxidant properties, which play an important role in protecting the skin from ultraviolet damage honey fights against aging and even skin cancer. Honey can be used as a sunscreen to protect the skin from the sun.
Also the application of honey on chapped lips makes them wonderfully smoother and softer.
So make sure you start your day with this cleansing tonic and enjoy it’s innumerable health benefits along with that luscious, delicious taste!
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her