Enjoy the goodness of Peppermint
Peppermint has long been known for both its great taste and its soothing medicinal properties. Peppermint has numerous health benefits and it possesses ability to combat a lot of health problems.
Peppermint is an aromatic herb that has a vast array of uses like:
Peppermint helps to improve digestion and helps to overcome the problem of excessive stomach gas. It soothes the digestive tract and limits indigestion.
Peppermint leaves have been shown to help alleviate the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.Just one drop of peppermint oil dissolved in a glass of water will help you to get rid of the gas.
Peppermint also helps to get rid of toothaches that are caused due to accumulation of germs. That’s why it is used as a medicine to treat toothaches and also is a major component of many types of toothpaste.
The menthol present in peppermint is effective in thinning the mucus and breaking up phlegm. So it provides instant relief in coughs and congestion.
Peppermint has analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity which may help with muscular pains and arthritis.
Diluted peppermint oil when applied over the forehead gives relieves from headache. The refreshing peppermint oil helps to overcome stress and depression. It works well in overcoming certain anxiety disorders.
Peppermint also serves to energize the immune system and helps to prevent a great number of diseases. Blood circulation gets improved with the regular use of peppermint.
The cooling effect of peppermint helps to reduce dandruff and the problem of lice. Massaging several drops of peppermint oil directly onto the hair scalp can help to promote hair growth. So, start using Peppermint if you desire healthy and beautiful hair.
Peppermint oil serves to nourish the skin cells making the skin look healthy and glowing. Because of its soothing effect, it is used in many lip balms and chapsticks as it nourishes the lips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB