Enjoy the goodness of tropical fruits
The tropics is blessed with sunshine all year long along with abundant rainfall and some of the most popular fruits in the world. Read on to find out about their health benefits as well.
Passion fruit is packed with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fibre. It can act as a pain reliever and sedative. It can help with digestion, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
Vitamin C from citrus fruits along with furocoumarins and limonene help prevent many types of cancers and nutritional deficiencies like scurvy. Citrus fruit juices may reduce the risk of certain kinds of kidney stones.
Banana is a good source of vitamins B6 and C, manganese, potassium and fibre. It can help maintain normal blood pressure and heart function and protect you from ulcers. It also aids in digestion and improve eyesight.
Oleic acid from avocados helps to lower the total cholesterol levels and even increase the high density lipoprotein levels in the body. Moreover avocado also provides a good dose of fibre. Try an avocado dip or guacamole in your burger instead of other fat-loaded dressings.
Cantaloupe is packed with two important antioxidants; vitamin C and vitamin A. The pro-vitamin A in cantaloupe promotes your lung health, protects your vision and vitamin C helps to fight against infection and boosts your immune system.
Vitamin C from kiwi protects the body from any oxidative damage and phytonutrients from this fruit protects the DNA.
Papaya is an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A, E and K. All these antioxidants along with the fiber in papaya surely promote good health and ward off a variety of diseases and conditions.
Bromelain from pineapple offers potential anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits. Pineapple is also a good source of manganese, ascorbic acid and thiamin which play a role in antioxidant defences and energy production.
Mango can lower cholesterol and help fight some cancers. It helps in digestion and elimination. Green mango juice helps cool down the body and prevents sun stroke during summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday