Even single cup of tea `boosts the brain`
Melbourne: A new study has claimed that the nutrients found in a cup of tea can boost your brain power and increase alertness.
For the research, Dutch scientists studied the brain activity in 44 young volunteers to analyze the effect of key chemicals, an amino acid called L-theanine, and caffeine at levels typically found in a cup of tea, News.com.au reported.
The natural ingredients radically enhanced accuracy across a number of switching tasks for those who drank the tea after 20 and 70 minutes, compared with those who didn't.
The study also found that tea drinkers' had heightened alertness and were less tired as compared to their non tea-drinker counterparts.
Researchers added that the results of the study suggest that the combination helps to focus attention during a demanding cognitive task.
The study was published in the journal Nutritional Neuroscience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured