Even single cup of tea `boosts the brain`
Melbourne: A new study has claimed that the nutrients found in a cup of tea can boost your brain power and increase alertness.
For the research, Dutch scientists studied the brain activity in 44 young volunteers to analyze the effect of key chemicals, an amino acid called L-theanine, and caffeine at levels typically found in a cup of tea, News.com.au reported.
The natural ingredients radically enhanced accuracy across a number of switching tasks for those who drank the tea after 20 and 70 minutes, compared with those who didn't.
The study also found that tea drinkers' had heightened alertness and were less tired as compared to their non tea-drinker counterparts.
Researchers added that the results of the study suggest that the combination helps to focus attention during a demanding cognitive task.
The study was published in the journal Nutritional Neuroscience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India