`Evil food` carbohydrates key to losing weight
Melbourne: Experts have claimed that cycling between several low or no-carbohydrates days followed by a single high-carbohydrate day can be an effective way to shed weight.
Personal trainer Chris Hujber, who shed more than 13kg to be eligible for the under 80kg class, told News.com.au that carbohydrate cycling forces the body to use fat for burning fuel as opposed to using carbohydrates and muscle tissue for energy.
The 28-year-old bodybuilder said that there were many different carb-cycling diets and it was a method that could help anyone lose weight.
He said that when a person takes carbs away, the body`s engine keeps on revving along for a few days but goes into shock from the lack of carbs and instead eats into fat stores for energy.
Hujber asserted that then the person slips in another high-carb day to reignite the fuel, the body`s metabolism goes even faster, asserting that if a person cuts carbs altogether they would not only lose fat but all their hard-earned muscle at the same time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured