`Evil food` carbohydrates key to losing weight
Melbourne: Experts have claimed that cycling between several low or no-carbohydrates days followed by a single high-carbohydrate day can be an effective way to shed weight.
Personal trainer Chris Hujber, who shed more than 13kg to be eligible for the under 80kg class, told News.com.au that carbohydrate cycling forces the body to use fat for burning fuel as opposed to using carbohydrates and muscle tissue for energy.
The 28-year-old bodybuilder said that there were many different carb-cycling diets and it was a method that could help anyone lose weight.
He said that when a person takes carbs away, the body`s engine keeps on revving along for a few days but goes into shock from the lack of carbs and instead eats into fat stores for energy.
Hujber asserted that then the person slips in another high-carb day to reignite the fuel, the body`s metabolism goes even faster, asserting that if a person cuts carbs altogether they would not only lose fat but all their hard-earned muscle at the same time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials