Five best foods for breakfast
Breakfast as they say is the most important meal of the day as a good breakfast keeps you energetic and fills you with zing all throughout the day. What you choose for breakfast can make or break your day as breakfast is the first food and drink your body has had in more than 8 hours.
What’s more, even studies show that those who consume regular breakfast are tend to be leaner, healthy and are more successful at losing weight.
To help you start your day on the right foot, here is a list of quick and healthy breakfast ideas to keep you going.
Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of protein. Consuming eggs in breakfast keeps your stomach not just full all morning, but also supply you with other essential nutrients. Eggs are an easy and versatile option as you can have it while it is boiled, poached or you may just scramble them with onions, tomatoes and black pepper, served with a bread toast.
Oatmeal: Nothing can start your day better than a bowl of oatmeal as it stays in your stomach longer, making you feel full for longer, which means you will have fewer cravings. They also contain soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels. Not just this, studies suggest that oats contain antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties.
Green Tea: Starting you day with a cup of green tea is indeed a good idea as drinking green tea helps in lowering one`s risk for heart disease. Also, the antioxidants in tea helps protect against a shipload of cancers, including breast, colon, colorectal, skin etc and also keep a check on ageing. Green tea can do wonders to a person suffering from diabetes as it helps regulate glucose levels. Finally, the polyphenols and flavonoids present in green tea help boost the immune system.
Yoghurt: Consuming a bowl of this dairy wonder daily in breakfast can actually give you a lot many health benefits. To start with, yoghurt is a storehouse of calcium and helps in the development and strengthening of bones and teeth. Further, yogurt soothes the stomach and helps to combat against various gastrointestinal conditions like acidity, indigestion, food poisoning etc. And lastly, for all those who spend a lot on those expensive beauty products to get that perfect skin, consuming yogurt can smoothen and nourish your skin by gently exfoliating the top layers of the epidermis.
Fruit salad: Yes, you read it right, fresh fruit salad is a great idea. Feed yourself with some freshly cut apples, melons, berries, oranges, bananas and whatever fruits you like. It is a perfect idea as it will provide you with the necessary energy to keep you going till the time you consume your next meal with just the right amount of calories needed for your body.
So, go on and indulge yourself in these healthy breakfast foods and say yes to good health.
Compilation by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in