Five health benefits of apples
Zee Media Bureau
You may have heard the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” many times, but do you know the reasons why?
1. Apples are good source of soluble fiber which helps to ease intestinal disorders and control insulin levels.
2. Flavanols and procyanidins in apples may work in the body to exert cardiovascular benefits, suggests study.
3. Apples have low calorie content, around 50-80 calories per apple, and has no fat or sodium.
4. Apples are packed with B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6) which help in maintaining red blood cells and the nervous system.
5. Phytonutrients in apples help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'