Five health benefits of apples
Zee Media Bureau
You may have heard the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” many times, but do you know the reasons why?
1. Apples are good source of soluble fiber which helps to ease intestinal disorders and control insulin levels.
2. Flavanols and procyanidins in apples may work in the body to exert cardiovascular benefits, suggests study.
3. Apples have low calorie content, around 50-80 calories per apple, and has no fat or sodium.
4. Apples are packed with B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6) which help in maintaining red blood cells and the nervous system.
5. Phytonutrients in apples help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!