Five health benefits of apples
Zee Media Bureau
You may have heard the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” many times, but do you know the reasons why?
1. Apples are good source of soluble fiber which helps to ease intestinal disorders and control insulin levels.
2. Flavanols and procyanidins in apples may work in the body to exert cardiovascular benefits, suggests study.
3. Apples have low calorie content, around 50-80 calories per apple, and has no fat or sodium.
4. Apples are packed with B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6) which help in maintaining red blood cells and the nervous system.
5. Phytonutrients in apples help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'