Five health benefits of Asparagus
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Asparagus is a spear top with bud like,compact and pointed head. It is a member of the lily family which includes leeks, garlic, onions and is mostly found best in spring. It is also very good for health.
Here are some of the health benefits of asparagus:
Prevents Cancer: Asparagus can help prevent the dreaded disease as it is a prime source of anti-oxidant and glutathione.
Good for Heart: Drinking a small amount of asparagus juice, mixed with raw honey three times a day daily helps to strengthen a weak or enlarged heart.
Aids Digestion: Asparagus is also a good source of fiber and protein which is essential for good digestion.
Good for Skin: It has anti-oxidants, including the one called glutathione, which is known to protect the skin from sun damage, pollution and the effects of aging.
Boost Immunity: Asparagus contains vitamin A, a source for better vision, potassium for smooth kidney functioning, and trace minerals that help boost immunity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary