Five health benefits of Asparagus
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Asparagus is a spear top with bud like,compact and pointed head. It is a member of the lily family which includes leeks, garlic, onions and is mostly found best in spring. It is also very good for health.
Here are some of the health benefits of asparagus:
Prevents Cancer: Asparagus can help prevent the dreaded disease as it is a prime source of anti-oxidant and glutathione.
Good for Heart: Drinking a small amount of asparagus juice, mixed with raw honey three times a day daily helps to strengthen a weak or enlarged heart.
Aids Digestion: Asparagus is also a good source of fiber and protein which is essential for good digestion.
Good for Skin: It has anti-oxidants, including the one called glutathione, which is known to protect the skin from sun damage, pollution and the effects of aging.
Boost Immunity: Asparagus contains vitamin A, a source for better vision, potassium for smooth kidney functioning, and trace minerals that help boost immunity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss