Five health benefits of Zucchini
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
Zucchini, a popular summer squash, belongs to the cucumber and melon family. It is a nutritious fruit but it is treated as a vegetable as it can be consumed in both cooked and raw form. There are many healthy benefits of eating zucchini as they are low in calories and helpful to curb obesity and high cholesterol levels.
Here are some health benefits of zucchini:
Aids in digestion
Zucchini aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar and curbs overeating as it has 36 calories and 10% of the RDA of dietary fiber.
Zucchini has a dietary fiber which promotes healthy and regular bowel movements, the high amount of fiber also helps prevent carcinogenic toxins from settling in the colon.
Vitamins C and A found in it act as powerful antioxidants that fight oxidative stress which leads to different types of cancer.
Promotes better vision
Vitamin A found in zucchini is extremely helpful in developing the cells of eyes, thus giving a better vision.
Zucchini can also be used externally to remove the puffy bags around eyes. This is caused due to excessive water retention. The high water content in zucchini helps in sponging out the swelling around your eyes.
Helps to lose weight
Zucchini helps in losing weight considerably as it is extremely low in calories. It is a great way to satisfy your appetite, gives a feeling of being full.
Besides the low calorie, it has high water content and is rich in fiber. Hence, zucchini is perfect if you are on diet.
Good for Skin:
Zucchini has a high water content which hydrates your skin. Water is beneficial for your skin as it flushes out toxins from your system.
Consumption of zucchini helps to restore the moisture of your skin that gives you a glowing and healthy skin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion