Five portions of fruit and veg daily could add 3 yrs to your life
London: Consumption of five portions of fruit and vegetables daily can help add at least three years to your life, a new research has suggested.
The study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm into 71,000 studied 71,706 men and women volunteers in the age group of 45 - 83 for 13 years.
They found that people who didn`t consumed much fruit or vegetables died about 37 months before people who ate five portions daily, the Daily Express reported.
Adults who never consumed fruit died 19 months before than those who consumed at least one piece daily and those who never ate a vegetable outlived people consuming three a day by 32 months.
The study has been published in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued