Five portions of fruit and veg daily could add 3 yrs to your life
London: Consumption of five portions of fruit and vegetables daily can help add at least three years to your life, a new research has suggested.
The study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm into 71,000 studied 71,706 men and women volunteers in the age group of 45 - 83 for 13 years.
They found that people who didn`t consumed much fruit or vegetables died about 37 months before people who ate five portions daily, the Daily Express reported.
Adults who never consumed fruit died 19 months before than those who consumed at least one piece daily and those who never ate a vegetable outlived people consuming three a day by 32 months.
The study has been published in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar