Food items that you should keep away from your child
New Delhi: Parents often get confused while choosing the best and worst foods for their toddler.
According to Parents India magazine, if you too are confused about the food items you can serve your child, here are some recommendations of food items you should restrict from feeding your child.
A mother should be careful while giving cow's milk to a toddler as it is difficult for him to digest cow's milk. Mothers should stick to breast milk or formula milk till the child turns one year old.
There are many gummy, sugary fruit flavoured candies available in the market that may interest your child's palate but are considered really bad for toddlers as these include large amount of sugar which only gives empty calories. It also sticks in their mouth making it hard to swallow.
Soft cola drinks have large amount of sugar which only supply empty calories. It is also bad for your child's health to start taking soft drinks like canned juices and colas, which can lead to weight gain later in life.
Food items like ketchup and pickles have artificial colours and preservatives which can be quite harmful for the baby. It also has high sodium content which is harmful for children as it is more than what a child requires in a day.
Cheese is a well known source of fat and also contains a lot of calories which are not easily digestible and it can lead to indigestion and stomach ache to the child.
Sweetened breakfast cereals may seem like a healthy option for your child but it has a large amount of sugar which is not good for a child. It does not always give nutrients that are written on the box.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25