Four reasons why tea is good for you!
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
For those who do not like tea yet, here's a bundle of benefits that it has on your health. Studies have shown that components found in tea can do wonders for your health – weight management, fighting diseases, de-stressing, etc. So think over it again and drink up.
Diseases: Studies link tea with a lower risk of heart attack and stroke, cancers, Parkinson's disease, etc. Tea could also be beneficial to people with diabetes. A 2010 study found that the caffeine in tea may help in reducing the overall risk of diabetes.
Weight management: Tea is calorie-free, unless you add milk or sweetener. A 2011 study suggests that extracts from green tea may help burn calories.
Stress: Feeling stressed? Drink tea. One study found that black tea helped in reducing levels of stress hormones. Also, thianine (an amino acid) that gives flavour to green tea promotes relaxation and is also believed as a caffeine antagonist.
Youthful skin: If you are scared of getting fine lines and wrinkles, then drink tea. According to a study, extracts in white tea suppressed wrinkle formation by strengthening elastin and collagen – two important factors most commonly known for their ageing process. White tea is also believed to keep joints younger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred