Grapefruit may be heart`s best friend
London: A new research has revealed that grapefruit, which contains health-promoting biomolecules, could help prevent cardiovascular diseases.
The study, which was carried out by the researchers from Glasgow University, has found out that biomolecules could be used to reduce the inflammation that is the main cause of various heart problems, the Daily Express reported.
This research may give rise to a new generation of anti-inflammatory drugs that are cheaper and less lethal than some existing therapies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption