Having tart cherries can help battle ‘Fruit Fatigue’
Washington: Tart cherries have been recommended as a powerful way to add variety, flavour and unique health benefits to a daily menu and help beat America’s “Fruit Fatigue.”
According to experts, eating a variety of rich-coloured fruits is essential for an overall healthy diet, but most Americans are falling far short of the daily recommended consumption of fruit as only one in five Americans is currently getting the recommended 1 to 2 cups of fruit each day.
“It’s challenging to get the recommended amount of fruit, and a variety of fruit, so finding new ways to incorporate fruit in your daily eating plan is key to fighting what I call “Fruit Fatigue,?” Elizabeth Ward, author of ‘How to Feed Yourself & Your Family Better, said.
“The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the USDA?s MyPlate icon encourage Americans to “make half their plate fruits and vegetables,? and to do that we need to think about variety, taste and form when focused on fruit,” she stated.
Tart cherries have a unique sweet-tart taste that can help fight the “Fruit Fatigue” and the powerful antioxidants in them have been linked to anti-inflammatory benefits, along with being a good source of much-needed potassium.
“As a dietitian whose goal is to help improve America?s health and nutrition, I know that people need a variety of fruit every day, but getting the fruit they need should be easy, like choosing tart cherries,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth