Health benefits of Black pepper
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Monsoons are here and so are diseases like common cold, cough, muscular pains and indigestion.
Black pepper that is both a spice and a medicine can actually save you from spending huge hospital bills for diseases that can well be treated at home.
Here are a few health benefits of these tiny black pearls:
Fights seasonal flu: It has anti-microbial properties that destroys cold-causing germs and helps in relieving chest congestion. It is rich in Vitamin C which is known for its effectiveness in fighting cold and flu.
Antioxidant: Pepper is rich in antioxidants that blocks the activity of free radicals which otherwise causes potential damage to the cells, that might lead to cancer as well.
Good for skin: Its medicinal properties can even fight skin disorders like Vitiligo.
Good for Arthritis: Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the cartilage tissue of the knees.
Good for digestion: It improves the production of digestive enzymes which keeps gastrointestinal diseases like diarrhea and constipation at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police