Health benefits of Black pepper
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Monsoons are here and so are diseases like common cold, cough, muscular pains and indigestion.
Black pepper that is both a spice and a medicine can actually save you from spending huge hospital bills for diseases that can well be treated at home.
Here are a few health benefits of these tiny black pearls:
Fights seasonal flu: It has anti-microbial properties that destroys cold-causing germs and helps in relieving chest congestion. It is rich in Vitamin C which is known for its effectiveness in fighting cold and flu.
Antioxidant: Pepper is rich in antioxidants that blocks the activity of free radicals which otherwise causes potential damage to the cells, that might lead to cancer as well.
Good for skin: Its medicinal properties can even fight skin disorders like Vitiligo.
Good for Arthritis: Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the cartilage tissue of the knees.
Good for digestion: It improves the production of digestive enzymes which keeps gastrointestinal diseases like diarrhea and constipation at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’