Health benefits of Black pepper
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Monsoons are here and so are diseases like common cold, cough, muscular pains and indigestion.
Black pepper that is both a spice and a medicine can actually save you from spending huge hospital bills for diseases that can well be treated at home.
Here are a few health benefits of these tiny black pearls:
Fights seasonal flu: It has anti-microbial properties that destroys cold-causing germs and helps in relieving chest congestion. It is rich in Vitamin C which is known for its effectiveness in fighting cold and flu.
Antioxidant: Pepper is rich in antioxidants that blocks the activity of free radicals which otherwise causes potential damage to the cells, that might lead to cancer as well.
Good for skin: Its medicinal properties can even fight skin disorders like Vitiligo.
Good for Arthritis: Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the cartilage tissue of the knees.
Good for digestion: It improves the production of digestive enzymes which keeps gastrointestinal diseases like diarrhea and constipation at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing