Health benefits of Black pepper
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Monsoons are here and so are diseases like common cold, cough, muscular pains and indigestion.
Black pepper that is both a spice and a medicine can actually save you from spending huge hospital bills for diseases that can well be treated at home.
Here are a few health benefits of these tiny black pearls:
Fights seasonal flu: It has anti-microbial properties that destroys cold-causing germs and helps in relieving chest congestion. It is rich in Vitamin C which is known for its effectiveness in fighting cold and flu.
Antioxidant: Pepper is rich in antioxidants that blocks the activity of free radicals which otherwise causes potential damage to the cells, that might lead to cancer as well.
Good for skin: Its medicinal properties can even fight skin disorders like Vitiligo.
Good for Arthritis: Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the cartilage tissue of the knees.
Good for digestion: It improves the production of digestive enzymes which keeps gastrointestinal diseases like diarrhea and constipation at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman