Health benefits of Black pepper
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Monsoons are here and so are diseases like common cold, cough, muscular pains and indigestion.
Black pepper that is both a spice and a medicine can actually save you from spending huge hospital bills for diseases that can well be treated at home.
Here are a few health benefits of these tiny black pearls:
Fights seasonal flu: It has anti-microbial properties that destroys cold-causing germs and helps in relieving chest congestion. It is rich in Vitamin C which is known for its effectiveness in fighting cold and flu.
Antioxidant: Pepper is rich in antioxidants that blocks the activity of free radicals which otherwise causes potential damage to the cells, that might lead to cancer as well.
Good for skin: Its medicinal properties can even fight skin disorders like Vitiligo.
Good for Arthritis: Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the cartilage tissue of the knees.
Good for digestion: It improves the production of digestive enzymes which keeps gastrointestinal diseases like diarrhea and constipation at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan