Health benefits of Cardamom
By Liji Varghese | Last Updated: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 21:43
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Cardamom, a spice which is widely used in Indian cuisine not only adds flavour but has great medicinal properties.
Here are a few health benefits of cardamom:
- Improves digestion. A great stimulant, it helps reduce acidity and bloating. Drinking cardamom tea can relieve headaches caused by indigestion.
- Stimulates the appetite and eases stomach cramps.
- Chew cardamom to get rid of bad breath.
- Improves blood circulation to the lungs and can be helpful in prevention of spasms or convulsions. In small quantity cardamom is recommended for people suffering from asthma and bronchitis as its expectorant activity helps to clear the respiratory passages.
- Massage with cardamom oil provides immediate relief from joint pains.
First Published: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 16:35
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'