Health benefits of Cardamom
By Liji Varghese | Last Updated: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 21:43
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Cardamom, a spice which is widely used in Indian cuisine not only adds flavour but has great medicinal properties.
Here are a few health benefits of cardamom:
- Improves digestion. A great stimulant, it helps reduce acidity and bloating. Drinking cardamom tea can relieve headaches caused by indigestion.
- Stimulates the appetite and eases stomach cramps.
- Chew cardamom to get rid of bad breath.
- Improves blood circulation to the lungs and can be helpful in prevention of spasms or convulsions. In small quantity cardamom is recommended for people suffering from asthma and bronchitis as its expectorant activity helps to clear the respiratory passages.
- Massage with cardamom oil provides immediate relief from joint pains.
First Published: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 16:35
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie