Health benefits of garlic
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Garlic is one of the oldest medicinal plants and is widely recognised as a health enhancing supplement. It not just gives flavour to your food, but is also a rich source of Selenium and Vitamin C which is very good for your health.
Here are a few health benefits of garlic.
-It helps in thinning of blood thereby reducing the chances of blood coagulation.
-Garlic acts as a great detoxifying agent and detoxifies and cleanses the body effectively.
-Studies have shown that Garlic reduces cholesterol and also helps maintain blood pressure.
-Garlic contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and thus helps reduce chances of catching infections.
-Presence of allyl sulfur found in garlic can slow down progression of cancer cells.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt