Health benefits of garlic
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Garlic is one of the oldest medicinal plants and is widely recognised as a health enhancing supplement. It not just gives flavour to your food, but is also a rich source of Selenium and Vitamin C which is very good for your health.
Here are a few health benefits of garlic.
-It helps in thinning of blood thereby reducing the chances of blood coagulation.
-Garlic acts as a great detoxifying agent and detoxifies and cleanses the body effectively.
-Studies have shown that Garlic reduces cholesterol and also helps maintain blood pressure.
-Garlic contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and thus helps reduce chances of catching infections.
-Presence of allyl sulfur found in garlic can slow down progression of cancer cells.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today