Health benefits of Guava
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Guava is known to be a super-fruit due to its multi-purpose health benefits. Here's some for you to understand why it stands out in the fruit's category!
Fights diabetes: Guava reduces absorption of sugar by the body and the abundance of dietary fibers in the fruit brings down the chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
Promotes healthy skin: Guava is rich in antioxidants,Vitamin C and Lycopene. Antioxidants maintains the youthful sheen on your skin. Vitamin C removes impurities from your blood bringing a glow to your skin and Lycopene is known for its healthy 'rossy cheeks' effect.
Improves immunity: Vitamin C fights against several viruses and bacteria thus boosting the immune system.
Fights cancer: Presence of antioxidants in the fruit helps reducing the risk of prostate cancer, further fighting the free radicals that cause cell damage.
Enhances eye sight: Guava also contains Vitamin A, which is a well-known eye sight booster.
Stomach health: It's a highly recommended fruit during diarrhea or dysentery, due to the presence of astrigent and anti-microbial properties.
Reduces high BP: The presence of fiber in Guava effectively reduces blood presure.
Promotes weight loss: Its an ideal fruit for people struggling with obesity or unwanted weight gain. Therefore, you can binge on this incredible fruit to shed those extra kilos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price