Health benefits of Guava
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Guava is known to be a super-fruit due to its multi-purpose health benefits. Here's some for you to understand why it stands out in the fruit's category!
Fights diabetes: Guava reduces absorption of sugar by the body and the abundance of dietary fibers in the fruit brings down the chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
Promotes healthy skin: Guava is rich in antioxidants,Vitamin C and Lycopene. Antioxidants maintains the youthful sheen on your skin. Vitamin C removes impurities from your blood bringing a glow to your skin and Lycopene is known for its healthy 'rossy cheeks' effect.
Improves immunity: Vitamin C fights against several viruses and bacteria thus boosting the immune system.
Fights cancer: Presence of antioxidants in the fruit helps reducing the risk of prostate cancer, further fighting the free radicals that cause cell damage.
Enhances eye sight: Guava also contains Vitamin A, which is a well-known eye sight booster.
Stomach health: It's a highly recommended fruit during diarrhea or dysentery, due to the presence of astrigent and anti-microbial properties.
Reduces high BP: The presence of fiber in Guava effectively reduces blood presure.
Promotes weight loss: Its an ideal fruit for people struggling with obesity or unwanted weight gain. Therefore, you can binge on this incredible fruit to shed those extra kilos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY