Health benefits of Guava
Zee Media Bureau/R Nandini
Guava is known to be a super-fruit due to its multi-purpose health benefits. Here's some for you to understand why it stands out in the fruit's category!
Fights diabetes: Guava reduces absorption of sugar by the body and the abundance of dietary fibers in the fruit brings down the chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
Promotes healthy skin: Guava is rich in antioxidants,Vitamin C and Lycopene. Antioxidants maintains the youthful sheen on your skin. Vitamin C removes impurities from your blood bringing a glow to your skin and Lycopene is known for its healthy 'rossy cheeks' effect.
Improves immunity: Vitamin C fights against several viruses and bacteria thus boosting the immune system.
Fights cancer: Presence of antioxidants in the fruit helps reducing the risk of prostate cancer, further fighting the free radicals that cause cell damage.
Enhances eye sight: Guava also contains Vitamin A, which is a well-known eye sight booster.
Stomach health: It's a highly recommended fruit during diarrhea or dysentery, due to the presence of astrigent and anti-microbial properties.
Reduces high BP: The presence of fiber in Guava effectively reduces blood presure.
Promotes weight loss: Its an ideal fruit for people struggling with obesity or unwanted weight gain. Therefore, you can binge on this incredible fruit to shed those extra kilos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users