Health benefits of Jamun (Black plum)
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Jamun, popularly known as the black plum is a fruit loaded with several nutrients and has many health benefits. Glucose and fructose are the major sugars found in this summer fruit, it is also laden with minerals and has fewer calories as compared to other fruits.
It has various medicinal properties some of which are listed below:
-Jamun's anti-diabetic properties helps in the conversion of starch or sugar into energy.
-It is a rich source of iron and hence helps in the purification of blood.
-It is a good source of vitamin A and C hence it is quite beneficial for the eye and skin health.
-It acts as a coolant and so is beneficial for treating digestive disorders.
-It works wonders in treating acne and oily skin as it has astringent properties too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion