Health benefits of Jamun (Black plum)
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Jamun, popularly known as the black plum is a fruit loaded with several nutrients and has many health benefits. Glucose and fructose are the major sugars found in this summer fruit, it is also laden with minerals and has fewer calories as compared to other fruits.
It has various medicinal properties some of which are listed below:
-Jamun's anti-diabetic properties helps in the conversion of starch or sugar into energy.
-It is a rich source of iron and hence helps in the purification of blood.
-It is a good source of vitamin A and C hence it is quite beneficial for the eye and skin health.
-It acts as a coolant and so is beneficial for treating digestive disorders.
-It works wonders in treating acne and oily skin as it has astringent properties too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie