Health benefits of Jamun (Black plum)
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Jamun, popularly known as the black plum is a fruit loaded with several nutrients and has many health benefits. Glucose and fructose are the major sugars found in this summer fruit, it is also laden with minerals and has fewer calories as compared to other fruits.
It has various medicinal properties some of which are listed below:
-Jamun's anti-diabetic properties helps in the conversion of starch or sugar into energy.
-It is a rich source of iron and hence helps in the purification of blood.
-It is a good source of vitamin A and C hence it is quite beneficial for the eye and skin health.
-It acts as a coolant and so is beneficial for treating digestive disorders.
-It works wonders in treating acne and oily skin as it has astringent properties too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH