Health benefits of Lingonberry: The new superfood
We all know berries are an amazing group of fruits. You all must have the good fortune of tasting berries like strawberries,cranberries,blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. There is a new berry on the block that science is seriously looking into. It is the lingonberry which has higher concentrations of plant polyphenols and confers even greater health benefits.
- Lingonberries work excellently to help treat urinary tract infections in a natural and effective way. The composition of the lingonberries prevents UTIs by keeping the bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder. So it is highly recommended for women.
-Lingonberries have high content of antioxidants. Antioxidants work to minimize the effects of harmful free radicals in the body( Free radicals are molecules that are produced in the body from breaking down food, smoking and from radiation).Antioxidants have been shown to help treat and prevent a wide range of health problems from prematurely aging skin to cancer and other diseases.
-Lingonberries are a really good source of many essential vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, calcium and magnesium. All of these vitamins and minerals are crucial to maintain the proper well being of a person.
-Lingonberries help to improve the health of blood vessels and also lower blood pressure.
-Recent research has revealed that lingonberries may help in shedding weight.
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj