Health benefits of Lingonberry: The new superfood
We all know berries are an amazing group of fruits. You all must have the good fortune of tasting berries like strawberries,cranberries,blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. There is a new berry on the block that science is seriously looking into. It is the lingonberry which has higher concentrations of plant polyphenols and confers even greater health benefits.
- Lingonberries work excellently to help treat urinary tract infections in a natural and effective way. The composition of the lingonberries prevents UTIs by keeping the bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder. So it is highly recommended for women.
-Lingonberries have high content of antioxidants. Antioxidants work to minimize the effects of harmful free radicals in the body( Free radicals are molecules that are produced in the body from breaking down food, smoking and from radiation).Antioxidants have been shown to help treat and prevent a wide range of health problems from prematurely aging skin to cancer and other diseases.
-Lingonberries are a really good source of many essential vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, calcium and magnesium. All of these vitamins and minerals are crucial to maintain the proper well being of a person.
-Lingonberries help to improve the health of blood vessels and also lower blood pressure.
-Recent research has revealed that lingonberries may help in shedding weight.
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27