Health Benefits of Yellow Summer Squash
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
This yellow-coloured mild and watery vegetable called the 'Yellow Summer Squash' is in the form of squash which is different from the 'yellow crookneck squash'. It is mostly grown all over the US. It is considered as a versatile vegetable which has several nutritional benefits and is used in the preparation of many types of dishes as well.
Here are some health benefits of yellow summer squash:
Yellow summer squash keeps free radicals at bay as it is abundant in antioxidants. It is a great source of protection from pollutants and chemicals that lead to the deadly disease. It helps to prevent premature ageing and cancer because of high vitamin C in it.
Good for eye:
Yellow summer squash is good for eye as it is high in concentration of beta carotene and lutein. Dietary lutein in it helps to prevent the onset of cataracts and macular degeneration, which often leads to blindness.
Good for bones:
As yellow summer squash contains high levels of Manganese and Vitamin C, it aids in maintaining healthy bone structure, calcium absorption, enzyme creation, and bone-building. It also contributes to the mineral density of the spinal column.
Rich in nutrition:
Yellow summer squash is high in Manganese, a mineral which helps the body process fats, carbohydrates and glucose. It is also a rich source of Vitamin A and C, Magnesium, Fiber, Folate, Riboflavin, Phosphorus, Potassium and Vitamin B6.
Controls PMS symptoms:
As yellow summer squash is rich in Manganese, it is good for women in their daily diet as it lowers the mood swings and cramps during their monthly menstrual cycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu