Health food for heart patients, diabetics
New Delhi: People suffering from heart diseases and diabetes should eat a lot of beans, soybean, tofu and lentils as these are rich in proteins and low on fat and cholesterol, an expert said Sunday.
With the number Indians suffering from diabetes and heart ailments on the rise, an interactive cooking session -- `Healthy food for healthy heart` -- was conducted by nutritionist Ishi Khosla at the Max Super Speciality Hospital here.
"To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art. We want people to change their eating habits by choosing which foods to eat more and which to limit," Khosla said.
The nutritionist conducted a cooking session where simple, quick and easy to make recipes for people suffering from heart diseases and diabetes were shared.
"The recipes shared today are not only healthy but appealing by experimenting with ingredients like beans, soybean, tofu and lentils, which are rich in protein and contain less fat and no cholesterol."
According to Khosla, people do not opt for healthier substitutes till it is too late.
"People should opt for green tea, whole grains like brown rice and barley. The problem with us is that we never value health is till sickness comes," said Khosla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok