Health food for heart patients, diabetics
New Delhi: People suffering from heart diseases and diabetes should eat a lot of beans, soybean, tofu and lentils as these are rich in proteins and low on fat and cholesterol, an expert said Sunday.
With the number Indians suffering from diabetes and heart ailments on the rise, an interactive cooking session -- `Healthy food for healthy heart` -- was conducted by nutritionist Ishi Khosla at the Max Super Speciality Hospital here.
"To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art. We want people to change their eating habits by choosing which foods to eat more and which to limit," Khosla said.
The nutritionist conducted a cooking session where simple, quick and easy to make recipes for people suffering from heart diseases and diabetes were shared.
"The recipes shared today are not only healthy but appealing by experimenting with ingredients like beans, soybean, tofu and lentils, which are rich in protein and contain less fat and no cholesterol."
According to Khosla, people do not opt for healthier substitutes till it is too late.
"People should opt for green tea, whole grains like brown rice and barley. The problem with us is that we never value health is till sickness comes," said Khosla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'