Healthy living: 5 essential foods for a balanced diet
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Eating well plays an important role in maintaining good health. So, it is important to eat a balanced diet so that the body is not deprived of essential nutrients.
A balanced diet includes a variety of nutrients like proteins, starch, vitamins and minerals. Also, while choosing a balanced meal, one should avoid eating foods that contain bad fats like Dalda, red meat, margarine etcetera as they are bad for the health of your heart and will only leave you more worried.
Here is a list of 5 essential foods you must eat for a balanced diet:
-Eggs: Undoubtedly eggs are the best source of protein. The egg white is a rich source of riboflavin or Vitamin B2 which is vital for for normal cell functioning, growth and energy production.
-Nuts: They are encumbered with essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and dietary fibres which are necessary for a healthy mind and body. Eating a handful of nuts every day can reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
-Salmon: Loaded with omega-3 fatty acids; it is a high quality protein food and rich in vitamin B-12 and iron. Salmon being a rich source of protein is a perfect and complete food for people with an excuse that they don’t enjoy eating vegetables.
-Yoghurt: Yogurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which helps in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system. Yogurt is also good for the skin. It has excellent anti-fungal properties.
-Berries: Blueberries and blackberries are a great source of flavonoids which are known to be powerful antioxidants. Gooseberries are also a very rich source of Vitamin C and highly useful to the body as they help in proper blood flow and provide minerals and salts necessary to sustain and protect the body against ageing as well as free radicals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena