Healthy treats for breakfast
London: Cereals, toasts and sweet delights may seem unavoidable during breakfast time, but it is advisable to consume healthier food to begin your day with, says an expert.
According to Ilona Wesle, a nutritionist and co-founder of MyDetoxDiet.com, wheat must be avoided in the morning as it converts quickly to sugar and then fat, and that even without the added sugar in cereals and jams, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here are a few tasty ideas which will satiate your tummy as well as taste buds:
Bircher muesli: Take rolled oats with sliced apple and pear (or whatever fruit, nuts and raisins take your fancy). Then soak it all in some agave syrup or apple juice overnight in a bowl. Eat with soya yoghurt the next morning. Delicious as a snack any time of day, and full of good fibre and protein.
Eggs: You can choose to get some proper protein with a boiled egg and toasted rye bread soldiers; scrambled eggs with a bit of spinach and cayenne pepper; or a poached egg on smoked salmon. It makes for great brain food for the day ahead, and it is easy to make.
Yoghurt: Just get your hands on a simple probiotic yogurt with nuts and berries. Try it with goji berries and flaxseed. Soak the flaxseeds in water overnight - the combination with probiotic yogurt is great for soothing tummy troubles. This can also make a healthy pudding that you can have after lunch.
Green juice: Grab a cold pressed green juice before heading out of home. Oxygenating and full of chlorophyll, pressed juices retain the goodness of their ingredients by savouring the nectar straight from the pulp. Pressing - rather than chopping or blending - doesn't degrade the fruit or vegetable and avoids over heating it and zapping away minerals. Try courgette, broccoli, lemon, apple and fennel for a zesty morning kick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?