Here is why you shouldn't eat raw veggies, drink cold water!
Cooking softens foods, thereby allowing to digest food without having to spend huge amount of energy.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: This might sound strange, but anybody suffering from irritable bowel syndrome or other digestive problems should avoid eating raw vegetables. Because hard raw food can hamper the digestion.
Unscrupulously, many people think that a raw diet can help them lose weight faster and food nutrients are at its best when eaten naturally without having them cooked.
Benefits of eating cooked food:
- It is believed that cooking actually makes food easier to digest.
- Cooking softens foods such as meat, cellulose fiber, thereby allowing to digest food without having to spend huge amount of energy.
- One study suggested that cooking veggies in water such as steaming, boiling better preserves antioxidants, particularly carotenoid in carrots, zucchini and broccoli, than frying, though boiling was deemed the best.
- Cooking also kills bacteria found on some foods, thus making them safe to consume.
Benefits of warm water:
As for beverages, drink warm water or at room temperature instead of going for chilled beverages of all kinds, including ice-cold lemonade.
- Drinking warm water helps speed up in the breakdown process, especially during meals.
- It enhances digestion and improves bowel movements and constipation.
- It also helps improve blood circulation and lowers the risk of various health complications by removing toxins and fats deposited in your body.