How almonds are beneficial in healthy diet
Washington: Six new studies have investigated the effects of almond consumption on overall diet quality and health status, abdominal adiposity, measures of appetite and satiety, and cardiovascular risk factors.
The studies, which will be presented at the American Society of Nutrition (ASN)'s Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting, will see researchers explore the question of how almonds are an optimal snack.
Dr. Karen Lapsley, Chief Science Officer for the Almond Board of California, said that presenting research to this audience of scientists and health professionals is critical to turning the findings into practical application and recommendations.
She said that the findings will help them to advance the evolution of our understanding of almonds' beneficial effects as part of a healthy diet .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!