How almonds are beneficial in healthy diet
Washington: Six new studies have investigated the effects of almond consumption on overall diet quality and health status, abdominal adiposity, measures of appetite and satiety, and cardiovascular risk factors.
The studies, which will be presented at the American Society of Nutrition (ASN)'s Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting, will see researchers explore the question of how almonds are an optimal snack.
Dr. Karen Lapsley, Chief Science Officer for the Almond Board of California, said that presenting research to this audience of scientists and health professionals is critical to turning the findings into practical application and recommendations.
She said that the findings will help them to advance the evolution of our understanding of almonds' beneficial effects as part of a healthy diet .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?