How almonds are beneficial in healthy diet
Washington: Six new studies have investigated the effects of almond consumption on overall diet quality and health status, abdominal adiposity, measures of appetite and satiety, and cardiovascular risk factors.
The studies, which will be presented at the American Society of Nutrition (ASN)'s Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting, will see researchers explore the question of how almonds are an optimal snack.
Dr. Karen Lapsley, Chief Science Officer for the Almond Board of California, said that presenting research to this audience of scientists and health professionals is critical to turning the findings into practical application and recommendations.
She said that the findings will help them to advance the evolution of our understanding of almonds' beneficial effects as part of a healthy diet .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'