How almonds are beneficial in healthy diet
Washington: Six new studies have investigated the effects of almond consumption on overall diet quality and health status, abdominal adiposity, measures of appetite and satiety, and cardiovascular risk factors.
The studies, which will be presented at the American Society of Nutrition (ASN)'s Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting, will see researchers explore the question of how almonds are an optimal snack.
Dr. Karen Lapsley, Chief Science Officer for the Almond Board of California, said that presenting research to this audience of scientists and health professionals is critical to turning the findings into practical application and recommendations.
She said that the findings will help them to advance the evolution of our understanding of almonds' beneficial effects as part of a healthy diet .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning