How almonds are beneficial in healthy diet
Washington: Six new studies have investigated the effects of almond consumption on overall diet quality and health status, abdominal adiposity, measures of appetite and satiety, and cardiovascular risk factors.
The studies, which will be presented at the American Society of Nutrition (ASN)'s Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting, will see researchers explore the question of how almonds are an optimal snack.
Dr. Karen Lapsley, Chief Science Officer for the Almond Board of California, said that presenting research to this audience of scientists and health professionals is critical to turning the findings into practical application and recommendations.
She said that the findings will help them to advance the evolution of our understanding of almonds' beneficial effects as part of a healthy diet .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...