How dark chocolate and red wine are good for your heart
Washington: A new study has revealed red wine and dark chocolate not only taste great, but also have heart-healthy components.
Red wine contains resveratrol, which has been found to lower blood sugar and LDL or "bad" cholesterol. It also is a source of catechins, which can help improve HDL or "good" cholesterol and polyphenols, which may prevent the formation of toxic plaque that leads to Alzheimer's disease.
Dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 70 percent or higher is rich in flavonoids, which help prevent the buildup of plaque in the arteries. It also boosts the immune system and contains cancer-fighting enzymes.
According to Loyola University Health System preventive heart specialist Sara Sirna , other items that top the list of heart-healthy foods include nuts, fish, flaxseeds, oatmeal, black or kidney beans, walnuts and almonds and berries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant