How rice bran oil can help reduce cholesterol
New Delhi: Rice bran oil, which is very good for health, can protect the consumer from the dangers of coronary heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, it has been revealed.
Rice bran oil is the oil extracted from the oily layer in between the paddy husk and the white rice (polished rice). It is nutritionally superior edible oil providing immense benefits for the heart and general health which is one reason why the Japanese call it the 'heart oil', Diabetic Living India magazine reported.
According to human clinical studies conducted in the University of Lowell, the oil has significantly better cholesterol lowering properties compared to other popular oils. Scientists have attributed this to presence of Oryzanol in the oil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened