The facility is a form of local radiation delivered to the eye through a radioactive device which is attached to the eye for a temporary period of time.
The researchers from Cleveland Clinic and New York University School of Medicine found that obesity resulted in as much as 47 percent more life-years lost than tobacco, and tobacco caused similar life-years lost as high blood pressure.
The findings may help explain the beneficial effects on memory seen in people who consume dark chocolate, researchers said.
These findings presented at The International Liver Congress 2017 in Amsterdam also showed that fructose consumption per se might not be as harmful as previously assumed.
Researchers from Autonomous University of Madrid in Spain analysed the genetics of about 818 men and women of European ancestry and gathered information about their diet using a questionnaire.
By using a technique called single-cell genomics, the researchers were able to analyse gene expression patterns in individual human blood cells.
The findings show that the classes were effective in teaching the techniques, though women made greater gains than men on four of five areas of mindfulness.
The researchers say their finding could help doctors diagnose drug-resistant sepsis and inform treatment choices.
- DNA: This is how tribal people of MP can help tackle stone pelters in Kashmir
- Terrorists wearing saffron clothes may attack; MP's secret intelligence agency alerts UP
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Cow security: Mob attacks family in Jammu accusing them of cow-trafficking
- India successfully tests the land attack version of Brahmos missile
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni silences critics with marvellous knock, helps Pune beat Hyderabad in last ball — WATCH
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- Sonu Nigam ‘Azaan’ tweet row: Here's what Kangana Ranaut has to say