Indulge in the goodness of yummy berries!
Zee Media Bureau
Berries! These gems are not only tasty they could also prolong your life as they are packed with vitamins C and antioxidants which can keep many diseases at bay. Read on to discover their many health benefits.
They are rich in antioxidants including lutein, an important component for vision, and flavonoids which can protect against a wide range of diseases, including heart disease, hypertension, some cancers and dementia. Blueberries also have prebiotic potential and can improve gut health.
These bright red berries are rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber. Cranberry juice is valued for its ability to reduce risk of urinary tract infection. The hippuric acid along with other components from the juice reduces E. coli adherence on the walls of the urinary track, as a result of which it is flushed out in the urine.
Raspberries are packed with vitamin C and fiber. The ellagic acid present in this tiny berry may help to halt growth of cancerous cells.
Strawberries are good source of antioxidants and anti-infammatory agents and can help fight against inflammatory disorders and different forms of cancer. The vitamin C in strawberries can boost immunity and improve skin tone and texture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder