Indulge in the goodness of yummy berries!
Zee Media Bureau
Berries! These gems are not only tasty they could also prolong your life as they are packed with vitamins C and antioxidants which can keep many diseases at bay. Read on to discover their many health benefits.
They are rich in antioxidants including lutein, an important component for vision, and flavonoids which can protect against a wide range of diseases, including heart disease, hypertension, some cancers and dementia. Blueberries also have prebiotic potential and can improve gut health.
These bright red berries are rich in vitamin C and dietary fiber. Cranberry juice is valued for its ability to reduce risk of urinary tract infection. The hippuric acid along with other components from the juice reduces E. coli adherence on the walls of the urinary track, as a result of which it is flushed out in the urine.
Raspberries are packed with vitamin C and fiber. The ellagic acid present in this tiny berry may help to halt growth of cancerous cells.
Strawberries are good source of antioxidants and anti-infammatory agents and can help fight against inflammatory disorders and different forms of cancer. The vitamin C in strawberries can boost immunity and improve skin tone and texture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read