Key to longevity: One cup of tea
London: Researchers have revealed that a single cup of tea could potentially make you live longer, by fighting against diseases, strengthening teeth and even helping you shed a few kilos.
According to the British Dietetic Association and Nutrition Foundation, tea is a natural hydrator and it's full of health promoting antioxidants, the Daily Express reported.
Dr Tim Bond, from the Tea Advisory Panel, said that tea is a potent source of antioxidants called flavonoids that act as protectors against any illness.
Bond asserted that drinking green tea can speed up your metabolism a little and help inhibit fat absorption.
Additionally, tea is a natural source of fluoride, which protects teeth from decay and helps keep bones strong.
Tea also lowers risk of many heart diseases, cognitive decline, prostate and oral cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh