Key to longevity: One cup of tea
London: Researchers have revealed that a single cup of tea could potentially make you live longer, by fighting against diseases, strengthening teeth and even helping you shed a few kilos.
According to the British Dietetic Association and Nutrition Foundation, tea is a natural hydrator and it's full of health promoting antioxidants, the Daily Express reported.
Dr Tim Bond, from the Tea Advisory Panel, said that tea is a potent source of antioxidants called flavonoids that act as protectors against any illness.
Bond asserted that drinking green tea can speed up your metabolism a little and help inhibit fat absorption.
Additionally, tea is a natural source of fluoride, which protects teeth from decay and helps keep bones strong.
Tea also lowers risk of many heart diseases, cognitive decline, prostate and oral cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic