Key to longevity: One cup of tea
London: Researchers have revealed that a single cup of tea could potentially make you live longer, by fighting against diseases, strengthening teeth and even helping you shed a few kilos.
According to the British Dietetic Association and Nutrition Foundation, tea is a natural hydrator and it's full of health promoting antioxidants, the Daily Express reported.
Dr Tim Bond, from the Tea Advisory Panel, said that tea is a potent source of antioxidants called flavonoids that act as protectors against any illness.
Bond asserted that drinking green tea can speed up your metabolism a little and help inhibit fat absorption.
Additionally, tea is a natural source of fluoride, which protects teeth from decay and helps keep bones strong.
Tea also lowers risk of many heart diseases, cognitive decline, prostate and oral cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter