Know why apple is good for health!
Apples are not only good for health but it is easily available to us through out the season as well.
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Who doesn't like apples? Well, everyone loves to eat this fruit. There is an old saying that 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. So, one must include apples in their daily diet for healthy lifestyle. The fruit is not only good for health but it is easily available to us through out the season as well.
Here are some benefits of the fruit which we all must know:
- The fruit is a good source of soluble fiber that helps to ease intestinal disorders and control insulin levels.
Also Read: Health benefits of drinking red wine!
- The soluble fibre found in the fruit binds with fats in the intestine which further lowers cholesterol levels and makes you healthy.
- People eating apples regularly are less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who don’t eat apples as they are loaded with soluble fibre, the key to blunting blood sugar swings.
Also Read: 5 health benefits of Broccoli!
- The fruit is packed with B-complex vitamins like riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6 that helps in maintaining red blood cells and the nervous system.
- Phytonutrients in apples help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.