Lesser known health benefits of Peach
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
Peach is a juicy and delicious fruit which looks like an apple in shape and is a native to China. It's very popular across the world for its unique flavour and is used in several desserts as an ingredient. The health benefits of peach is hardly known by people, but is definitely felt by the regular eater.
They are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and have other beneficial chemical content.
Here are some of the health benefits of peach -
Improves eye health
Peaches are rich in beta carotene which is responsible for eye health. Due to lack of beta carotene many people in the world suffer from sight problems. Beta carotene also prevent night blindness.
Good for skin
As peach is a great source of Vitamin C which is good for skin, it is widely used. Skin care is one of the major health benefits of peach. It also helps in reducing dark circles and wrinkles. Peaches are often used in cosmetics.
Regular intake of peach helps in losing weight. There is only 68 calories in one peach and no fat. However peach is an ideal for people on a diet as the sweetness of the fruit also controls food cravings.
Works against Cancer
Peaches are incredibly high in antioxidants called chlorogenic acid which is known to protect the body from cancer and other chronic diseases. It is responsible for reducing inflammation in the body. And also helps those suffering from arthritis and slow the ageing process.
Potassium found in peaches are great for reducing kidney related diseases . It also helps to cleanse the bladder. Potassium and other vitamins in the fruit allows our body to maintain normal kidney and liver function. Consuming peaches will help prevent nephritis and a variety of other kidney diseases as well as help eliminate kidney stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre