Lesser known health benefits of Peach
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
Peach is a juicy and delicious fruit which looks like an apple in shape and is a native to China. It's very popular across the world for its unique flavour and is used in several desserts as an ingredient. The health benefits of peach is hardly known by people, but is definitely felt by the regular eater.
They are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and have other beneficial chemical content.
Here are some of the health benefits of peach -
Improves eye health
Peaches are rich in beta carotene which is responsible for eye health. Due to lack of beta carotene many people in the world suffer from sight problems. Beta carotene also prevent night blindness.
Good for skin
As peach is a great source of Vitamin C which is good for skin, it is widely used. Skin care is one of the major health benefits of peach. It also helps in reducing dark circles and wrinkles. Peaches are often used in cosmetics.
Regular intake of peach helps in losing weight. There is only 68 calories in one peach and no fat. However peach is an ideal for people on a diet as the sweetness of the fruit also controls food cravings.
Works against Cancer
Peaches are incredibly high in antioxidants called chlorogenic acid which is known to protect the body from cancer and other chronic diseases. It is responsible for reducing inflammation in the body. And also helps those suffering from arthritis and slow the ageing process.
Potassium found in peaches are great for reducing kidney related diseases . It also helps to cleanse the bladder. Potassium and other vitamins in the fruit allows our body to maintain normal kidney and liver function. Consuming peaches will help prevent nephritis and a variety of other kidney diseases as well as help eliminate kidney stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians