Mamata against controlled diet
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday advised the youth to avoid going on a controlled diet as it lowers the immunity system and leads to ailments like dengue.
"I appeal to all of you, my young friends, not to go on diet, especially during the current season. Because, when you go on diet, your immunity system goes down, and you may be struck by diseases like dengue," she said, at the state secretariat Writers` Buildings.
"Keep on hold your crash diet plans. Eat plenty of food, take plenty of water," she said, while briefing newspersons about the dengue outbreak in the state.
The number of confirmed dengue cases in West Bengal has shot up to at least 643, with 80 percent of the patients residing in Kolkata and its adjoining North 24 Parganas district. The disease has claimed at least three lives so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case