Mamata against controlled diet
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday advised the youth to avoid going on a controlled diet as it lowers the immunity system and leads to ailments like dengue.
"I appeal to all of you, my young friends, not to go on diet, especially during the current season. Because, when you go on diet, your immunity system goes down, and you may be struck by diseases like dengue," she said, at the state secretariat Writers` Buildings.
"Keep on hold your crash diet plans. Eat plenty of food, take plenty of water," she said, while briefing newspersons about the dengue outbreak in the state.
The number of confirmed dengue cases in West Bengal has shot up to at least 643, with 80 percent of the patients residing in Kolkata and its adjoining North 24 Parganas district. The disease has claimed at least three lives so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why