Married women likely to drink more
London: Married women consume more alcohol than their unwed or divorced friends, a study has found.
Married men, on the other hand, tend to drink less after getting hitched, said the study led by American professor Corinne Reczek, from the University of Cincinnati.
"Women generally increase their intake to keep up with their other halves, while men cut back," Reczek was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
After divorce, however, men are much more likely than women to turn to alcohol.
Emily Robinson, of Alcohol Concern, the national agency campaigning against alcohol misuse, said: "While couples may open a bottle or two together to share, it should be remembered that women have less tolerance to alcohol than men."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar