Married women likely to drink more
London: Married women consume more alcohol than their unwed or divorced friends, a study has found.
Married men, on the other hand, tend to drink less after getting hitched, said the study led by American professor Corinne Reczek, from the University of Cincinnati.
"Women generally increase their intake to keep up with their other halves, while men cut back," Reczek was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
After divorce, however, men are much more likely than women to turn to alcohol.
Emily Robinson, of Alcohol Concern, the national agency campaigning against alcohol misuse, said: "While couples may open a bottle or two together to share, it should be remembered that women have less tolerance to alcohol than men."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security