Modern wheat could be slowly killing you
Washington: Modern wheat is a "perfect, chronic poison," a cardiologist has warned.
Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist who has published a book all about the world`s most popular grain, said that the wheat we eat these days isn`t the wheat your grandma had.
"It`s an 18-inch tall plant created by genetic research in the ``60s and ``70s," he said on "CBS This Morning."
"This thing has many new features nobody told you about, such as there`s a new protein in this thing called gliadin. It`s not gluten. I`m not addressing people with gluten sensitivities and celiac disease. I`m talking about everybody else because everybody else is susceptible to the gliadin protein that is an opiate. This thing binds into the opiate receptors in your brain and in most people stimulates appetite, such that we consume 440 more calories per day, 365 days per year."
To avoid these wheat-oriented products, Davis suggests eating "real food," such as avocados, olives, olive oil, meats, and vegetables.
"(It`s) the stuff that is least likely to have been changed by agribusiness," he said.
"Certainly not grains. When I say grains, of course, over 90 percent of all grains we eat will be wheat, it`s not barley... or flax. It`s going to be wheat.
"It`s really a wheat issue,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip