New anti-diet book claims `being fat makes you healthier`
New York: A recent study has shown that being fat may actually make you healthier and better able to fight off diseases than normal-weight counterparts.
A new science-based 'The Obesity Paradox' book has offered compelling evidence that those with higher weight might be healthier and has claimed that the "thin and unfit" waifs have the worst body types for long-term health, the New York Post reported.
Cardiologist Carl J. Lavie's anti-diet book advocates that "Looks can be deceiving" and backs the idea that overweight and moderately obese people are healthier and have better outcomes with other chronic diseases like kidney failure, advanced cancer, and AIDS.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!