New anti-diet programme promises healthier lifestyle
Wellington: A school teacher from New Zealand is embarking on a 40-week nutrition and exercise programme where he will not diet but will address the underlying causes behind his poor lifestyle.
According to physical education lecturer Jeremy Hapeta, Palmerston North Boys` High School teacher Justin Doolan`s anti-diet approach is aiming to improve physiological health measures, like blood pressure and fitness, and psychological aspects rather than simply to lose weight, Stuff.co.nz reported.
45-year-old Doolan spent the first half of his life as an athlete, which included nine years as a professional rugby player in Japan, but coming home for teachers` college in 1999 resulted in his abs turning to flab.
And before he knew an extra 50kg crept on to his body.
The " anti-diet" programme developed by physical education lecturer Jeremy Hapeta, management lecturer Andrew Dickson, human nutrition lecturer Jasmine Thomson and human development lecturer Cat Pause, addresses nutrition, exercise, attitudes about health and acceptance of fatness.
Thomson said that Doolan would be encouraged to change his relationship with exercise and food, including retraining himself to realise when he was hungry or full.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists