New anti-diet programme promises healthier lifestyle
Wellington: A school teacher from New Zealand is embarking on a 40-week nutrition and exercise programme where he will not diet but will address the underlying causes behind his poor lifestyle.
According to physical education lecturer Jeremy Hapeta, Palmerston North Boys` High School teacher Justin Doolan`s anti-diet approach is aiming to improve physiological health measures, like blood pressure and fitness, and psychological aspects rather than simply to lose weight, Stuff.co.nz reported.
45-year-old Doolan spent the first half of his life as an athlete, which included nine years as a professional rugby player in Japan, but coming home for teachers` college in 1999 resulted in his abs turning to flab.
And before he knew an extra 50kg crept on to his body.
The " anti-diet" programme developed by physical education lecturer Jeremy Hapeta, management lecturer Andrew Dickson, human nutrition lecturer Jasmine Thomson and human development lecturer Cat Pause, addresses nutrition, exercise, attitudes about health and acceptance of fatness.
Thomson said that Doolan would be encouraged to change his relationship with exercise and food, including retraining himself to realise when he was hungry or full.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah