Now, potato `Popchips` with calories equivalent to fruits
London: A packet of crisps being sold in the UK for the first time has brushed away the cliche that says “a moment on the lips means a lifetime on the hips” as they have fewer calories than a piece of fruit.
The crisps, dubbed Popchips, are made in a similar way to popcorn, making them the healthiest version of the tasty snack yet, the Daily Mail reported.
Instead of being fried or baked they are popped and the method is simple.
The finest potatoes are selected, then a little heat and pressure are added and then it pops and becomes a crisp.
Just one packet is 95 calories - fewer calories than an orange or a banana.
They come in a variety of flavours, including barbeque, original and salt and vinegar.
Whereas traditional crisps are made from sliced potatoes, this method sees potatoes turned into the equivalent of grains of rice of kernels of corn.
Popchips are also made without the use of any oil and so are less fatty than their traditional counterparts.
Only a small amount of oil is added during the seasoning process and only the healthiest oils are used which means they all have the flavour but less than half the fat of a normal crisp.
The innovative new product is on the shelves in supermarket chain Waitrose and has already proved to be hugely popular in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof